Media releases about shows, classes and events happening at the Medical City Lewisville Grand Theater.
For media releases and information contact Matt Martucci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCL Grand Reopening Schedule
The MCL Grand is now open to the public to the public for art gallery visits, box office sales, and small meetings and classes with limited capacities.
As we begin the process of carefully reopening the facility, we remain vigilant in the health and well-being of our visitors, performers, and staff, and we will be implementing new protocols following the guidance from the Governor's Office and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Among these new protocols, visitors will be required to have their temperatures screened upon entering the facility. Also, face coverings or masks must be worn by all visitors through the end of July.
June 30 – Ongoing:
- Building resumes normal operations, including larger events with restrictions.
- Administrative and box office open Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Art Gallery open Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Staff and visitors are required to have their temperatures screened upon entering the building.
- Face coverings or masks are required in all public areas.
MCL Grand Safety Protocols and Restrictions:
- Visitors experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, are asked to stay home. If you have tickets to an MCL Grand Presents event and cannot attend due to sickness, contact us at email@example.com to request a refund for your tickets.
- Visitors are required to enter the MCL Grand through a single consolidated, ADA-accessible checkpoint at which point they will receive a temperature check in accordance with City policy. These contactless temperature checks will be facilitated by MCL Grand staff. Any person found to have a temperature greater than 100.4 (average, after 3 attempts) will not be permitted further into the building.
- Face coverings or masks are required for patrons in all public spaces through the end of July. Wearing a face covering or mask will be required in all spaces, including while patrons are seated to watch a performance. Complimentary face coverings are available for any guests who arrive at the facility without one. During the time that face coverings or masks are required in the building, the purchase of concessions (food and beverage) may be available.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the lobby.
- Extensive daily sanitization regimens will be executed in all common areas and touchable surfaces of the facility, including restrooms, handrails, countertops, vending machines, and available lobby seating. Sanitization of common areas will continue throughout the duration of each event.
- The Governor’s Office encourages groups/parties to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other groups at all times. For a seated performance, performance halls have been instructed to maintain at least two empty seats between parties and to leave every other row empty. A group is defined as no more than 10 persons including the members of the household and those persons who traveled together to the facility or on the same reservation.
- The MCL Grand will place signage, physical distancing markers, and other measures as needed throughout the building to facilitate appropriate social distancing measures, as well as reassign seats for our MCL Grand Presents event ticket holders. Any changes to seat assignments will be communicated to ticket holders in advance of an event.
- The MCL Grand is taking measures to avoid introducing transferable materials at our MCL Grand Presents events. This may include the elimination of printed tickets. Ticket holders will be contacted directly with instructions for accessing their ticket information onsite.
We will continue to add more details to this list. Please note that this information is subject to change, so we recommend revisiting this page before coming to the MCL Grand. Please contact us with any questions at 972.219.8446 (Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rescheduled Events and Updates:
Weekly Acoustic Jam in the Art Gallery to resume Friday, July 10.
Texas Tunes: Sunny Sweeney* rescheduled to Saturday, July 18.
Black Box Songwriter Series: Kelly Willis and Jamie Lin Wilson* rescheduled to Sunday, August 9.
Texas Tunes: Sarah Jaffe* rescheduled to Saturday, August 15.
Texas Tunes: Jimmie Vaughan* rescheduled to Saturday, August 29.
Texas Tunes: Flaco Jimenez with Los Texmaniacs* rescheduled to Saturday, Sept. 12.
Black Box Songwriter Series: Beat Root Revival with Pat Byrne* rescheduled to Saturday, Nov. 7
*Current ticket holders who are unable to attend a rescheduled MCL Grand Presents event may request a refund by calling 972.219.8446 or emailing email@example.com.