Media releases about shows, classes and events happening at the Medical City Lewisville Grand Theater.
For media releases and information contact Matt Martucci at email@example.com.
Arts Support Grants Applications
Grant applications will be available starting on Friday, March 1.
Grant applications are submitted to, and reviewed by, the Arts Advisory Board each spring. A recommendation is included in the annual proposed budget for Council consideration, and grant awards are made on an annual basis. For the 2018-2019 fiscal year eight grants were awarded for a total of $168,400.
An Arts organization meeting all criteria listed below is eligible to apply for funding from the City of Lewisville Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund:
- Non Profit 501 (c) (3), tax-exempt arts organizations; and
- Must have a minimum of two year history of providing arts programs to citizens of Lewisville, as measured from the date of application; and
- Proposing a program/event/exhibition to take place within the city limits of the City of Lewisville. Events may be held outside of the city limits of Lewisville with approval of the City council; and
- Must have successfully fulfilled all prior contractual obligations to City of Lewisville; and
- Must have local (Lewisville resident) representation on Board of Directors; and
- A representative of the organization must have attended the pre application training session to be scheduled annually.
There will be a mandatory workshop for all potential grant applicant groups on Tuesday, March 5, 6 p.m., at MCL Grand, 100 N. Charles Street, to learn about the changes to the application and its requirements, details about using the new online tool for applying, reporting expectation and marketing tips.
This workshop is part of a process the City of Lewisville uses when accepting applications for Arts Support Grants for fiscal year 2019-20. Grant applications are submitted to, and reviewed by, the Arts Advisory Board each spring. A recommendation is included in the annual proposed budget for Council consideration, and grant awards are made on an annual basis. For the 2018-2019 fiscal year eight grants were awarded for a total of $168,400.
To learn more about the Arts Support Grants guidelines, access the link to the application tool for the Arts Support Grant and to see the General Schedule for Applications/Review/Approval, please visit the MCLGrand.com/artrelatedgrants.
Also, on the Arts Related Grants page, artists can learn about the City’s Artist Microgrant program. Individual artists can apply for funding for a specific project or program they are wanting to produce or hold within the City of Lewisville. Artist Microgrants are available year-round until funding in the category is depleted for the fiscal year. Projects must be open or available to the public, must benefit the residents of the City of Lewisville, and help drive tourism. Each Artist Microgrant awarded will be in the amount of $1,000.
For more information on the Arts Grant Program for the City of Lewisville, please contact Arts Manager Denise Helbing at 972.219.8478 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.